Thursday, November 13, 2008

Homework over the weekend

This weekend you will need to finish your creative essays concerning The Land of the Dead. Use the handout that I gave you to help guide you on your writing. I will be looking for thoroughness of thought in your essays and focus in you writing. If you have any questions while you're writing, please let me know by a comment.

I would recommend that you have a parent or friend read over your assignment so that you can catch some grammar mistakes - I will be looking at grammar in grading.

In addition, we will be going back to the textbooks on Monday. Bring your books to class.

5 comments:

Emily Telford-Marx said...

Mr. Miller,
For the land of the dead essay, when it asks what you would need to sacrifice for the person to come to you, what kind of thing would that be? Would it be a lamb or something like in the Odyssey? Or something different. And does what you sacrifice have anything to do with who comes?

Daniel Miller said...

Well, I wouldn't expect in modern times that you would want to sacrifice a ram - remember that the sacrifice needs to be appropriate for the person that you want to talk to. For example, if I wanted to talk to my grandmother, I would make a sacrifice of lasagna and cheesecake - her two favorite foods.


Does this help?

Sam said...

I was just commenting because i lost the guiding paper, but i got the general idea that we were supposed to write an essay about someone i would summon from the dead, why, what i would ask them, and what i would sacrifice to summon them. is there anything else i need to know? also, what is the length required because i'll probably write 3 paragraphs or so if i don't get a response - here's my email:
sam.peters93@gmail.com
-thanks!

Unknown said...

Hey mr. miller
how long does it have 2 be???

Daniel Miller said...

2 to 3 paragraphs.