Friday, October 6, 2023

6 October - FRQ Friday!

AP Language

FRQ Friday in AP Language land today. We looked at "America Needs its Nerds" by Leonid Fridman (distant cousin to Mr. Friedman, perhaps?) and wrote an analysis of Fridman's argument. I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts and first analyses. I hope that you found space for a little cat as you wrote and that it brought you a feeling of success and not allergies, as cats often bring me. 

Next week is strange because of the PSAT on Wednesday. It falls on a grey day, so I won't see you for class. Our next class will be on Friday. For Friday, please have read and annotated WEB DuBois Chapter 1 from From the Souls of Black Folk. It's a great bridge piece into our work related to The Great Gatsby. I posted a video in Materials to help you with the reading - it's a discussion between me and Mr. Friedman about this reading. You may find it helpful to watch before or after you read to process.

You may also want to secure The Great Gatsby if you want your own copy. I'll issue school copies in about two weeks. Once we get back on normal schedule, we'll have feedback from projects and essays!

Enjoy the long weekend. See you very soon!

No comments: