Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The First B-Day of the Year 8/27

By this point I've met all of you and I'm pleased to say that given how we've started this year I think we're going to do some amazing things.  Please be aware of the following assignments and reminders to get you ready for our next class together.

All Classes

Please use the link in yesterday's post to access the online parent contact form.  You can also submit a paper copy.

Russian I

Your assignment is listed below.  I will post Russian I homework on the A-day post for the year.  Be aware of that.

English II Honors

Tonight for class I would like for you to complete your first writing assignment of the year in which you reflect on your personal culture.  Remember that this is a maximum one page response, and it is an introductory piece.  Make sure that as you explain what your culture consists of that you focus on one specific element and include a lot of detail to clarify your ideas.  Remember to stay focused on your main idea which is explaining your personal culture.  Bring your rough draft with you to class on Thursday for peer editing.

ESL English III

Tonight I would like for you to spend some time finishing your brainstorming on the idea of an immigrant which we began discussing today in class.  Think of specific examples from your life or the life of people around you to help you to explain your personal definition of what an immigrant is.  Remember that you need to make your idea clear to me which means that you need to really explain things thoroughly.  Remember to use your words as weapons to explain!

No comments: