Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School 2012/2013

Welcome Back Students!

I had a great day today getting to know all of you and beginning our work together.  I wanted to remind you of a few things to do tonight in order to prepare for tomorrow.

AP English III:

Tonight for homework I would like for you to complete the rough draft of your "Introduction" assignment.  Remember to put it in MLA format and to be creative.  The goal is not to copy the original piece, but to adapt it to your own life and experience.  Remember to have fun as you begin this work.

Also you will need to fill out the parent contact form, and return that to me.  Lastly, there is a piece to read tonight for homework called "On Compassion".  If you've already purchased 50 Essays you can find it there or you can find it here.  Please print, read, and annotate the handout.  Be prepared to discuss.

English II:

Tomorrow we will continue with the work we started today.  For tonight, I would like for you to finish your Parent Contact form and return that to me.  Also, you may want to get your supplies together so that we can begin working in earnest on Tuesday. 

One day done, 179 left to go!

No comments: