Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wow - Just remembered that I need to update this thing...

Hello Seniors and Freshmen!

I think that this is going to be a really exciting year for all of you! I know that I'm really excited and I think that we've started the year off well.

I wanted to remind you all of the homework that you need to complete tonight:

Seniors:

As I said in class today, we will be beginning our first novel and unit on Friday - 1984 by George Orwell. If you plan to purchase a copy of the novel I would like for you to try to get the Signet Classics edition. This way we'll all have the same page numbers. Of course, if you can't find that, any edition will do. Bring your book to class on Friday so that you will be prepared. If you don't have a copy in class on Friday, I'll issue you a copy for as long as you need it.

Furthermore, make sure that you bring back your parent contact form! On the form you can include your gmail account so that I can begin to set up our group.

If you've got any questions/concerns about any of this - see me tomorrow so that we can resolve the conflict.

Freshmen:

Your assignment is to bring back your parent contact form! Consider this your practice run with the homework box. Next class, we will begin studying literature and we will have our first warm-up. We're going to start off with studying a bit of autobiographical poetry to begin talking about autobiography, literature, and memory. Make sure that you're prepared for class!

No comments: