Thursday, February 28, 2008

Romeo and Juliet Test

Here's what you should focus on for the Romeo and Juliet test:
Important characters and what they do in the drama.
Literary terms.
Important quotes.
Review Act IV. (Honors only!)
Introductory Powerpoint notes. (Elizabethan England, Literary Terms, Elements of Drama, Shakespeare's stage)
Short Answer:
Irony
Double Talk
Character Development
Theme
Suspense Building in Act I.

For Extra Credit you need to answer the following question in a paragraph. Make sure that it's a good paragraph that really answers the question. This is worth five extra points.

What is one important different between the play and the movie version that we
have watched in class? Describe the difference (how was it done in the
play, how was it done in the movie) and then tell why the difference
happened, in your opinion.

If you have any questions while you are studying, please let me know. Remember to leave your e-mail address so that I can contact you quickly. Also don't forget that your projects are due when you take the test. Friday for A day and Monday for B day.

4 comments:

Diego said...

Mr Miller -

I have a question about the project that is due. One of the sections of the projects asks to "decide which scene is the climax of your play..." I know you have said that the climax in Shakespearian novels occurs in Act 3, but in "Macbeth", I think the climax is in Act 2, when Macbeth kills Duncan as the point of no return for Macbeth. Is it okay to use this as the climax if I can back it up?

Cameron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cameron said...

Mr. Miller,

Is it alright if my essays are longer than three paragraphs? I feel like my point is more clear and complete in the essay I have written. I just finished and I ended with about five paragraphs. Is this alright? Or should i shorten it? Sorry to be asking so late but I just finished my last essay.

Unknown said...

Mr. Miller i think i have strep throat, so i know i missed like alot of things due today could i do it all monday after school

-Michael Barbee