Friday, August 28, 2026

Ending Week 1

My ceiling is leaking. There's an air conditioner line that runs through the ceiling of my office/collaboration space, and there's a drip. The ceiling tiles have been replaced now three times, and hopefully after this weekend it'll be number four.

So, where am I after the first week. I'm feeling like I'm in a good place. It's been good to see that Advisory is getting off to a good start. People are feeling supported and that they have the materials to do what they need to do. I'm a bit sad that some of the advisors aren't completing the lessons, but most of them are, so I'll stay focused on the positives. Next week I'm going to take time to plan out the rest of Unit 1. That'll get advisory to the end of the first quarter in terms of lessons and content. Then, once we get the laptops distributed, we can start to develop the ePortfolio to house student artifacts. 

PLC meetings should be starting next week. I'm going to make my video during fourth block and make PLCs and their power the focus of the video. I'm a proponent of PLCs, and I'm trying to make sure that we create a system at this school for PLCs to happen, even if they're not PLCs of the same content team. I'm going to float these options/ideas with the Social Studies department later on today, and I'll see how they want to move forward with the idea. They're a department that doesn't really have common planning, so if they don't want to do my multi-disciplinary approach, then they'll have to meet off contract hours, and I hate to ask them to do that because I know that means it won't really get done.

Next week is a four day week for me (really a three day week when we consider that I've got an off-campus meeting on one of the days). I'm planning to use up Monday to plan, create, and get ahead. I should be able to sketch out the first major testing day of the year on Monday.

That's what I'm focused on - improving instructional practices through coaching, observation, feedback, and PLCs and testing. Those are my two major areas. That's my focus. It'll be interesting to reconnect with the other CFs next week at our district meeting to see how things are going in their spaces and buildings. 

No comments: