So, I was posted in the main faculty workroom. As they collected their schedules, I reminded them about the lessons and materials. People got their folders and their index cards. I made 1200 copies of the text and warm-up for tomorrow, so that's ready to go in the workroom to be picked up. Tomorrow I can make 1200 copies of the materials for Lesson 3 and finish planning the rest of the first ten days. Hopefully if the staff see that they're supported in this, they'll be more willing and likely to complete the necessary tasks because this school-wide program is only going to work if everyone does it.
The other major task right now is tracking down textbooks. Moving forward, I'm going to just make a space for deliveries so that way I'm not trying to track everything down everywhere. This is a big campus with multiple buildings, who knows where the textbooks delivered in June when I wasn't here went. Thankfully, I've been able to track down one class of books that I needed...I'll take my victories where I find them.
So, that's Day 1. The feedback I've received about Advisory so far has been pretty positive, so I'll take that win as well. I also found a bunch of novels today, so extra fun bonus there. I'm going to go to my meeting and then hopefully have time to run out and take some trash to the dumpster. There might be a coffee involved in there too. I don't think my daily Diet Coke is going to be enough today.
No comments:
Post a Comment